Thursday

I am being Forced to go on another FREE River Cruise…

Two years ago my wife and I did a river cruise on Avalon Cruise Line from Switzerland through France and Germany to Amsterdam, Holland.  All I did was tell our friends, neighbor's and relatives what we were doing and ten couples asked if they could come along too. Because we book over eight cabins, my wife and I ended up getting a free cruise. Every one added a pre and a post stay. My commission was over $10,000.00 dollars.

But that’s not the best part.
Everyone that went on the cruise had such a great time they want to go on another river cruise. This time we are going down the Danube River from Vienna to Budapest in May 2016.
I just hate it when people make me go on FREE River Cruises and force me to put another 10 grand in my pocket. J But that’s the life of a home based travel agent.

We are seeing big booking windfalls in River Cruising destinations this year. In the past year, we have seen bookings for Bordeaux and Lyon in France increase 85% and 100%, respectively; bookings for Budapest, Hungary, have grown 30%; and for Nuremberg, Germany, bookings have jumped a whopping 175%. This year’s booking are even bigger and we are already booking for 2016.
We encourage agents to ask their cruise clients about trying a river cruise.

Also ask your clients about extending their trip with a pre and a post stay. We’ve had clients, for example, who start with a Danube cruise, add a few nights in Vienna, and continue on to Salzburg and then head to Florence, the Tuscan countryside and Rome before returning home.

By adding  pre- and post-cruise suggested itineraries geared specifically toward river cruisers, such as a three-day Bordeaux package (from $725 per person), a three-day Amsterdam itinerary (from $595 per person), a three-day Nuremberg package (from $329 per person), and a three-day Vienna package (from $515 per person) can greatly increase your commissions.

Learn how to become a home based travel agent and open your own online travel agency. www.HomeBasedTravelAgents.ORG

No comments: